Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Indian Diaspora Council (IDC) and Antar Rashtriya Sahyog Parishad (ARSP)
The Indian Diaspora Council International (IDC) and Antar Rashtriya Sahyog Parishad-Bharat (ARSP) have concluded a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on 30th June 2017 to further their collaborative objectives and mandates, recognizing that there is considerable scope for mutual cooperation in relation to increasing engagement of the global Indian Diaspora among itself and with India, to expand and further facilitate cultural, academic, and socio-economic engagement of the global Indian Diaspora.
IDC was established in 1997, is headquartered in New York, USA, and is a global non-profit, secular, non-political advocacy organization in the service of the Indian Diaspora around the world with optimum inclusivity and with the objective to embrace, engage and enhance the shared heritage, aspirations and interests of persons of Indian origin.
ARSP was established in 1978 as a non-profit, non-governmental and non-political organization. Its headquarters are located at Pravasi Bhavan in New Delhi, India. It has over 2200 members and 19 chapters in different states of India. The aims and objectives of ARSP include promoting International Cooperation, Universal Brotherhood, Goodwill and People-to-People Relationship embodied in its motto ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ (The Whole World is One Family).
IDC and ARSP agree as follows:
- To cooperate to foster a closer networking between and among the Indian diaspora, and with people and organizations in the Indian diaspora and in India, and to expand cultural, academic, and socioeconomic engagement among the Indian diaspora and with India.
- To facilitate visits of delegations of both organizations and support in the organization of programs, meetings, conferences, etc., as deemed appropriate.
- To collaborate on future events, creating awareness of issues related to the NRIs and PIOs, by highlighting the inherent bonds of culture and history to encourage more visits, interaction and mutual interests in the fields business, advocacy, entrepreneurship, science and technology, politics and public service, culture, education, philanthropy, and the arts.
- To facilitate one-to-one interaction between representatives of cultural, academic, and socioeconomic and government in India, and in the regions where, ARSP and/or IDC have presence.
- To support promotional activities of the organizations, on mutual consent; to link the websites and news broadcast of Parties for wider dissemination of information for the benefit of the Indian Diaspora; to collaborate, support and participate in relevant events and activities of the organizations on mutual consent; to conduct joint studies/ surveys/ events in areas of mutual interest.
- To disseminate information on cultural, academic, and socio-economic opportunities in India and countries of the Indian Diaspora and elsewhere. Furthermore, the websites of both the organizations will be linked for wider dissemination of information for the benefit of Indian diaspora.