- CONFERENCE in Fiji July 2019 - Forced Labour conference
- NYC Community Resource Fair Sep 29, 2018
- Forum on “Descendants of Indian Indentured Labourers - Issues & Opportunities” - 10th November, 2018
- Fiji Girmit Divas April 28, 2018
- Women's Advocacy & Empowerment – Social, Political, Economic
- March 18, 2018: Women's Advocacy & Empowerment – Social, Political, Economic
- March 18, 2018 - Celebrating the diversity, strength, achievements and contributions of the Indian Diaspora
PROGRAM SUMMARY - 100th Anniversary of Abolition of Indian Indenturedship -as of Dec 7, 2016
March 20, 2017 marks the centennial of official abolition of Indian Indentureship, an era spanning the years 1834-1917. The history and consequences of Indian Indentureship are deeply embedded with tremendous significance, importance, meaningful history and reflections to millions of descendants living in many countries which were the recipients of Indian Indentured labourers seeking better livelihoods. These countries included: Mauritius, Fiji, Malaysia, South Africa, Guyana, Trinidad, Suriname, Jamaica and others, as well as former French colonies of Reunion Island, Seychelles, Guadeloupe and Martinique.
The Indian Diaspora Council, in collaboration with many prominent and well established organizations and institutions in various countries, is coordinating a series of high profile global events to mark the centennial of abolition of Indian Indentureship befitting of this historic occasion.