The Indian Diaspora Council (IDC) and Indo-American Global Chamber of Commerce USA (IAGCC-USA) have concluded a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on 5th November 2016 to further their collaborative objectives and mandates individually and collectively recognize that there is considerable scope for mutual cooperation in relation to increasing business opportunities. With an intention to facilitate the economic engagement of the global Indian Diaspora with India, IDC and IAGCC-USA seek to further promote bilateral Indian Diaspora investments and facilitate business partnerships, establish and enhance investment opportunities while providing advisory services to PIO’s and NRI’s.
IDC and IAGCC-USA agree as follows:
- To cooperate to foster a closer networking between and among the Indian diaspora, and with people and organizations in the Indian diaspora and in India to expand the economic engagement among the Indian diaspora and with India.
- To facilitate visits of delegations of both organizations and support in the organization of programs, meetings, conferences etc., as deemed appropriate.
- To facilitate one-to-one interaction between representatives of business and government in India, and in the regions where, IDC and/or IAGCC-USA have presence.
- To support promotional activities of the three organizations, on mutual consent.
- To collaborate, support and participate in relevant events and activities of the three organizations, on mutual consent.
- To conduct joint studies/ surveys/ events in areas of mutual interest.
- To disseminate information on economic opportunities in India. Furthermore, the websites of both the organizations will be linked for wider dissemination of information for the benefit of Indian diaspora.