Indian Diaspora Council (IDC) is a global non-profit organization established in 1997 with the objective to embrace, engage and enhance the shared heritage, aspirations, and interests of persons of Indian origin with optimum inclusivity. It shall be secular and non-political with a centrally located secretariat and global country-wise network of chapters and affiliates and collaborating with
governments, institutions, organizations, and agencies to achieve its objectives.
- To foster, develop and promote good citizenship, civic pride, social, technological, and economic empowerment to achieve greater upliftment, understanding, cooperation, collaboration, and support among and between people of Indian origin globally.
- To render constructive civic services for the promotion and welfare of the Indian Diaspora community and to inculcate civic consciousness by means of active participation in constructive projects which will improve local, regional and global Indian communities.
- To constantly and actively monitor related Indian Diaspora community issues and facilitate forums, symposia and trade conventions for timely interchange, discussion, debate, and planning for appropriate actions involving associated community groups, associations, institutions and leaders among the Indian Diaspora and among other groups as well.
- To actively solicit respective governmental, institutional, public and private resources for related advice, collaboration, support and assistance for the Indian Diaspora community.
- To inform, educate and engage members of the Indian Diaspora community on critical community issues, for individual and group enrichment.
- To encourage and facilitate timely suggestions, feedback, suggestions, recommendations and responses from the Indian Diaspora community on current issues, problems and prospects for redress and resolution, and provide timely information using updated technological methods.
- To petition respective governmental, public and private entities for redress of grievances and complaints for favorable results benefiting the Indian Diaspora community.
- To provide appropriate advice, referrals and information on current and critical matters which are necessary for the average Indian Diaspora community member to confront and resolve issues of interest and concern.
- To establish relational base links with other groups and organizations for mutual interchange of common concerns, problems and prospects for engagement and progress.